With snow forecast tomorrow, reporters, photographers and film crews are invited to cover winter preparation stories in Surrey. Opportunities include:
- Going out with a gritting lorry.
- Nearly 17,000 tonnes of salt stored at depots across Surrey.
- Grit bins being filled up for householders to treat roads and pavements.
- Interviews with the key players charged with keeping Surrey moving during the winter.
Key Surrey winter facts:
- A fleet of more than 40 gritters equipped with the latest technology.
- Nearly 17,000 tonnes of salt stockpiled – 4,00 more than last year.
- 1,743 grit bins being filled.
- Around 110 extra miles of road gritted regularly this year (this equals nearly 5,300 extra miles of gritting runs across an average winter).
- A new mini all-terrain vehicle to tackle snow in places ordinary gritters cannot reach
To cover winter preparation stories, please call senior media relations officers Kevin Richardson on 0208 541 7267 or James Oxley on 0208 541 7259. Alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.