As river levels on the Thames start to fall, work is under way to help communities get back on their feet.
- Hythe Centre, Thorpe Road, Egham TW18 3HD
- Chertsey Hall, Heriot Road, Chertsey KT16 9DR
- Elmbridge Community Hub, 72 High Street, Walton-on-Thames KT12 1BU
- Spelthorne Museum, 1 Elmsleigh Road, Staines TW18 4PM
- St Mary Church Hall, Green Street, Sunbury-on-Thames TW16 6RM
- Greeno Community Centre, Glebeland Gardens, Shepperton TW17 9DH
- Lucan Pavilion, The Broadway, Laleham, Staines TW18 1RZ.
Advice on what to do after flooding can be found on the Environment Agency and Public Health England websites. Residents whose insurance policies cover flooding should contact their insurers at the earliest possible opportunity.
Public Health England is advising people across the country that it is sensible to wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after coming into contact with floodwater, and seek GP advice or call the NHS helpline on 111 if they feel ill.
People are urged to continue checking on any vulnerable neighbours they think may need help. For more information on adult social care, visit the county council’s website.